Watching & waiting...

Saturday, October 16, 2004

Snoopy Unplugged

Yay for wireless networks! I brought Snoopy (my iBook) to the Cumming Country Fair just to fill the idle time and catch up on some work. 'Course, I had to see if there were any access points in the area. Well, lo and behold, the Fair has it's own network! Great signal, too! It's the second golden age of wireless!

The Fair itself has yielded about fifty or so leads to follow up. The weather's been mostly pleasant, though some of the evenings have been pretty chilly. One more day to go. Any I won't be keeping the laptop out much longer, because it's very breezy, which means dust is flying, mixed with cinders from the steam engines powering the sawmill.

My main project at work is now handed over to the testing group, though I'm still tweaking and adjusting things to improve the stability of the system. So I'm kinda over the hump now, and can "relax " a little, relatively speaking. Just in time for the holidays.

Sorry, no Scripture quote this time. I need to get under cover because the flying coal ashes are getting into everything. Take care, y'all! Enjoy your weekend.

2 Comments:

  • At 10/18/2004 10:01:00 PM, Blogger Erin said…

    Yay for sorta-finished projects! I have a few you could get started on... hehe, it my sense of humor you love! Love ya bunches Dad!

     
  • At 10/19/2004 08:07:00 PM, Blogger Dan said…

    Oh, you don't want me doing that! You're farther along in your edumacation than I got. You see the dot underneath this question mark? That's about all I remember of two years of calc.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home